Wednesday, February 18, 2015

You are never alone

I am a big fan of Audrey Hepburn. I admire her movies, beauty, grace, poise , and most of all her wisdom. I want to share with you today one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn quotes that I have on the wall in my bedroom: 
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."  
I look at this quote everyday and I'm grateful to Audrey for sharing her positive outlook on life with us. A positive outlook is one of the only things we can choose in life. We cant choose the hand God deals us in life, but we can always choose how we play it. I volunteer my time, during prom season, at A Touch Of Grace, a local boutique store where I live, along side the owner Kathy Lettiere, who is like a mother to me. Everyday that I work I have a new opportunity to speak to young woman with low self esteem and help them to realize that size is but a number, and it's what's in your heart that counts. The other day I spoke to a young girl, size 22, who began to break down and cry in the dressing room  because she was frustrated about her size. I explained to her that I was bullied for years. Size does not matter in life, the only size that matters is the size of your heart and the good you can do for others. That is the reason I was eventually able to talk her into being a part of A Touch Of Grace's Annual Children's Miracle Network Fashion show, on March 8th, as a stunning size 22. We as young woman have to know ourselves, and have confidence in our hearts, from a size 00 to a size 32, that we are beautiful, and we must walk down the catwalk of life with poise, and as Audrey Hepburn may say, "the knowledge that you are never alone". 
                                              You Are Beautiful,
                                                           Cedar Chambers.

No comments:

Post a Comment