Monday, March 9, 2015

One week in an amazing life

      Displaying IMG_0293.JPG  Displaying IMG_0294.JPGDisplaying IMG_0282.JPG


I could have never imagined, in my wildest dreams, how beautiful life could really be with a positive outlook. Every single day this week God has given me another reason to smile and to thank my lucky stars that I am here to see what a wonderful thing life is since I have changed my outlook from so many years ago. I started off the week in anticipation for my 17th birthday on Thursday, where all my family and the people I cared for took the time to show me how much they loved and supported me on my journey. They took me to my favorite Thai food restaurant where, yet another kind gesture, I was surprised with a specialty of fried bananas and ice cream to celebrate another year in a beautiful life. I woke up Friday morning ready for another adventure, which was being a princess for the day. I was offered the opportunity to dress as Princess Elsa, at a children's Frozen Ball, and meet with little girls to spread a message of magic and love. As though the week could not get any better, on Sunday I had the most amazing opportunity to take part in The 9th Annual Children's Miracle Network Teens For Miracles Fashion Show. Not only was this my first official appearance as Miss Watertown's Outstanding Teen, but an exciting chance to spread my "You Are Beautiful" message, and to share my gift of music, through singing. As I look back on my week, my beautiful, exciting week, I realize that none of it could have been possible without, the beautiful woman beside me in the last photo, Kathy Lettiere. From the moment I met her two years ago she has taught me how to be kind, generous and, as she always says "spread love and kindness everyday." I truly believe that I have the confidence and the positivity I have today, because God put her in my life to push me outside of my comfort zone, and into the place we're all afraid of, but where I have also found all of my success and courage. I know that this week, and the young woman I have grown into, has come from her influence, and this is not only an ode to a beautiful life, but also to a beautiful person.
                                                 As always, You Are Beautiful,
                                                                               Cedar Chambers  

No comments:

Post a Comment