Thursday, March 26, 2015

America The Beautiful

On March 20th, my pageant sisters and I, attended a rally in support of keeping our local military base, Fort Drum open. Fort Drum is imperative to our community economically, socially and culturally. What I really saw that night, outside of the amazing military band and adorable boy scout troops involved in the festivities, was the overwhelming amount passion people had in supporting our troops. My designated job was to approach people with a petition in favor of keeping Fort Drum open. Every person I spoke with that night couldn't wait to sign the petition. I had the opportunity to shake hands with troops that are currently fighting for our freedom, and veterans too. The thing that struck my heart the most that night was
when the Star Spangled Banner was sung. There is nothing quite so beautiful as our flag and the men and women who fight, and have fought, to give us freedom. I have never been so proud to be an American and be a part of a military community.
  I would like to ask you to think for a moment about things you enjoy because you are free and the unique talents that you have and are able to use because we live in this wonderful country.
Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
As seen left to right: Miss Northern New York's Outstanding Teen, Brianna Lockwood
Miss Thousand Islands, Allison Carlos
Miss Watertown's Outstanding Teen, Cedar Chambers (Me)

Displaying IMG_0432.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment